Cocktail Magazine presents the Athens Film Festival Screenwriting Contest
Athens Film Festival Screenwriting Contest
The Athens Film Festival is accepting entries for a screenwriting competition, sponsored by Cocktail Magazine. Three screenplays will be chosen by judges Tessa Hughes-Freeland, Jody Solomon, and Ella Troyano to be read by Wind Dancer Production Company in Los Angeles, California and Lambart Production Company in Paris, France. The winning screenplays will also receive cash awards and be announced in the Fall issue of Cocktail Magazine. To enter:
1. Read the rules and regulations below.
2. Go to the Screenwriting Application.
Official Screenwriting Contest Rules and Regulations:
- Screenplays submitted should be no more than 200 pages and no less than 80 pages.
- Must be in English.
- Must be written/typed in proper screenplay format.
- Pages must be numbered.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form (Photocopies acceptable) and entry fee.
- Fees must be paid in U.S. Dollars and are non-refundable.
Checks/money orders should be made to: Athens Film Festival.
- Entry fee of $30 must be paid before July 10, 1997; $50 fee required after July 10, 1997.
- No screenplays or entry fees will be accepted after August 1, 1997.
- Shipping costs responsibility of entrant. Collect shipments without prior arrangements cannot be accepted.
- Three screenplays will be chosen as winners and read by Wind Dancer Production Company in Los Angles, California, as well as Lambart Production Company in Paris, France. The winning screenplay's authors will receive cash awards and be announced in the Fall issue of Cocktail Magazine.
All entries should be shipped to:
Screen Writing Contest
Athens Film Festival
P.O. Box 1631
Athens, GA 30603